MEMBER ADVOCACY: The SPOA advocates the rights of our members by providing specific job-related legal defense representation.
- Active legal representation by experienced police attorneys or Board representatives when accused administratively. (ACTIVE/ASSOCIATE/RESERVE)
- Experienced police attorney representation when criminally charged for job-related conduct. (ACTIVE/ASSOCIATE/RESERVE)
- Case monitoring by experienced attorneys when civilly sued for on-duty actions. .(ACTIVE/ASSOCIATE/RESERVE
- Active representation by Board representatives when member called as a witness.(ACTIVE)
- Response to all major critical incidents to facilitate legal representation and support for all members involved.(ACTIVE/ASSOCIATE/RESERVE)
- SPOA affords access to experienced police attorneys on police identification and concealed weapon (CCW) issues. (RETIRED)
- SPOA provides consultation and limited representation with experienced police attorneys on non-employment use-of-force incidents involving discharge of personal firearm. (RETIRED)